Tuesday 13 January 2009

What you can't find from this blog...

...are reviews about makeup or clothes. I'm not interested in those things, because I use makeup maybe 4 times a year and my clothes are not so special. I only buy clothes when they're on sale and I've also got free clothes from my friends and relatives. And these days I'm trying to knit some clothes for myself too :) The book in the photo below is Sanna Vatanen's Hyvän olon neuleet and yesterday I started to make one top according to Angoratoppi pattern.



Something else than knitting then! Last week I found out that I have rosacea on my face. It's a skin condition that causes redness, visible blood vessels, bumps or pimples and irritated eyes. It's not known what causes rosacea and it probably will never go away. It's possible to treat rosacea with special creams or antibiotics, but they work because of their antiflammation function and they can't cure the disease.

So my face is red on the other cheek. It doesn't bother me at the moment, but if I get big and sore pimples, I most certainly get worried. It's said that the triggers that cause worse skin condition are for example sun exposure, emotional stress, hot or cold weather, wind, alcohol, sauna or exercising. It's too bad that I love sauna, exercising and cold weather! I guess I need to observe what are the causes that make my skin look worse.

I don't like to use makeup, because I'm too lazy and I should avoid all kinds of chemicals when it comes to my skin. At home I have mostly organic skin care products and they seem to suit my problematic skin quite well.


I can recommend especially Weleda products, for example Almond cleansing lotion and moisture cream seem to protect my skin against redness and drying. I also use some Dr. Hauschka products, but they're quite expensive to buy. I've ordered this stuff + shampoos and other skin care products from Germany (Beauty Center Europe), because they're at least half the price cheaper there.

Today is the day for bean soup, season's first step aerobic and tea. I'm really waiting especially for the step, since it's my favourite "type" of aerobic. The choreography is difficult today and I'm always thinking I can't make it and I'll be the worst in the class...I know it has never been TOO difficult and I shouldn't compare myself to others. Usually I don't, but these difficult choreographies make me hesitate a bit.

Yet when I go there, I love every second of the class.

5 comments:

  1. Difficult is more interesting then easy. You always have to do and improve something. With easy ones it is really easy to get bored after some time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I'm not interested in those things, because I use makeup maybe 4 times a year and my clothes are not so special. I only buy clothes when they're on sale"
    lol, just like i am :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katten försvann, exactly! If I go to easy aerobic, I start to think something else and get bored easily and make mistakes all the time. But every week I think that "maybe it's too difficult this time..." It's also nice to know that there's someone who's like me in this clothing-makeup-issue. There's nothing wrong in investing in nice clothes and sharing tips to make the perfect makeup, but I'm just not interested. Maybe I'm too old already :O

    ReplyDelete
  4. well, it is not about the age, but about the personal interests :D
    I do not feel my self old :D but I have never been interested in such things :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katten försvann, I used to be very interested in makeup and haircolours and clothes when I was young. Especially when I was in elementary and middle school! But in my case I think it's the age that made me interested in other things :) But I don't feel myself old anyway :D

    ReplyDelete