Sunday 25 January 2009

The dreadful ending of the strawberry-lime cake


Yesterday I celebrated my birthday with Teemu, who had his 30th birthday on Monday. Local Indian restaurant Jecika was the place to be and there were 11 of us eating good foods. I loved especially the just baked naan garlic bread, which was once again very tasty.

After eating we came to my place for two cakes, cheese and strawberry-lime. I failed with agar-agar (GRRRRR I never learn how to use it!) and I had to put the cake in the freezer and it was more like an icecream cake, but delicious anyway. Monika succeeded better with agar-agar and the cake she made was yummy :)

Then sauna and some drawings and guessings and actings. At midnight when I went to kitchen, I found my cake looking like this ->


Then the guests left (maybe they were too horrified when they saw this cake) and I spent some time playing zombie-games, then I went to sleep. Thanks for Monika, Teemu, Yuki, Merja, Minhye, Satomi, Hyejin, Kitak, Juha and Jinchul for making my birthday so nice! And thank you also for the great gifts like Marimekko apron, Iittala glass, yogamat, knitting needles, yarns and teapot :)

Tomorrow is the day of my "real" birthday. I'm going to stay in my bed until I get cake carried in there, I'm quite sure I'll get flowers and I'm happy I'm this young/old. Depends on your view.

I'll also start using these:

2 comments:

  1. That cake really looks like a living thing:D Too bad I didn't come to Joensuu last weekend.
    And those brainmonsters, awesome.
    Maybe the best thing about you is that you're not too old to have fun!;)
    <3:dallo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should come to Joensuu soon so I can bake you another cake too! Maybe you'll need a brainmonster for your birthday as well?!?

    Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete