Friday 9 January 2009

Quiz failure

I started to go to a local pub quiz last autumn, because I thought I know something. Previous months have proven me wrong. Last week we ended up first (a miracle happened for sure!) and today we dropped back to our normal place -> we were 6th.

I knew a couple of answers, about japanese food and Sarah Palin. Most of the questions were just impossible once again, but it was fun anyway. I just can't understand how someone can remember stuff like "the 5 islands on the Pacific which are under British jurisdiction"...


I really need to buy a new memory card for my camera. I took some photos today and although the quality was not very good, I could take only 10 photos :D I should also study taking photos, now I just aim and shoot and I have no idea about lights or shadows. I also feel a bit uncomfortable, when I have to take photos on public places. I seem to need more practice.



Luckily my yarns can't run away and they're very willing to appear in photos. I'm still making the second sock (the yarn keeps breaking my already dry skin) and it takes a while but at the same time I'm planning on making a top, other pair of socks and fingerless mittens.




I got lots of yarns as a christmas present and I also took part in one yarn swap before christmas. When I got home from my holidays I received a package from Italy, including local yarn (picture below), chocolate and christmas ornaments. At the same day I also received organic teas from Canada, lovely Ivan had collected them from local shops. I'm so happy to have friends :)


No comments:

Post a Comment