Saturday 17 January 2009

Small


I've been thinking about the small things in life, how they can make you happy. Yesterday I was waiting for the bus and I was watching at the birds and how they flew. I wondered if they ever feel cold and how they can fly in so many different ways. I also saw an aeroplane, it was flying very high and it left 2 smoke lines on the clear blue sky. Somehow it was very beautiful. It was very cold at to wait at the bus stop but I felt warm when one woman, who goes to the same aerobic class, said hello to me when she was biking past me. I've never talked with her, but she said hello and smiled anyway :)



I don't have lots of money and that's why I can't travel and do the things most of the people do. Sometimes I feel a bit sad because of that and start to worry about future, life and money itself.

But it's impossible to be worried, if you have your fridge full of food. I love the local shop, since it has many products for half price. Today I found many vegan products at smaller price. I'm not a vegan, but some of my friends are and now I can bake something special for them :) Baking for friends is also one thing that makes you happy no matter what.

I love to go to shop. I don't mean clothing stores, but food shops. I love to compare prices, try to find organic products (I always buy eco-milk and yoghurt as well as organic eggs and carrots) and -50% tags. It's kind of adventure every time! I could spend one hour on the shop just looking at products and prices...And I'm so happy if I find tofu or cheese at half price :)


Yesterday was a quiz day again (it's another completely free thing that makes me happy!). This time we ended up 4th, so better than last week! I took my sticks and yarn with me too and finished one fingerless mitten while competing with the other teams. This time the most difficult question was about italian operas -> we had to identify 5 different operas and composers from 5 music samples sung by Pavarotti. We got 2 points from the maximum 10 :D I've studied music science, but I'm familiar only with finnish operas. Hopefully next time there will be questions about trance music, then I'd know something :D











I knew couple of answers again, but constantly I'm amazed by the knowledge my team members have. Wow!



3 comments:

  1. I want to respond about small thing which make us feel happy.
    I was thinking and found that only one thing what makes me always feel happy during winter time is the sun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heee, hyvin oot löytäny noita -50%. ite oon aina väärään aikaan kaupassa ja menee monesti ohi nuo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katten försvann, I totally agree with you that sunny days are the best ones in winter :) Sun makes everything sparkle and all is peaceful, beautiful :)

    Noora, tässä on naapurissa iso S-Market ja sieltä löytyy aika usein noita alennuksia. Laittavat täällä ainakin aamulla ne alennukset, et joskus 11-12 aikaan on ollu eniten niitä näkyvissä :) (tietysti aamulla vois olla enemmän, mutta en saa raahattua itteäni kauppaan niin aikasin!)

    ReplyDelete