Sunday 18 January 2009

Food overload!


It has been cold. Flashlight makes the trees look like white skeletons. I'm so happy that we have winter in Finland, I'd be lost without coldness and darkness and whiteness.


I've been eating lots of good food this weekend. Yesterday it was time for cakes and today for korean food. I just loved both. Hyejin and Kitak invited me to try korean food at their place and how I've missed kimbap and korean pancakes! Also the dessert rice cakes were excellent, sticky dough for the win!

The sesame oil in Finland doesn't taste like the real stuff and it's always very special when you get to taste the "real" korean sesame oil (basically all korean food has sesame oil in it). The company was great too, mixture of korean, japanese, finnish, polish and russian people. Too bad I was feeling really tired, so I guess I wasn't the best company...I cleaned the whole day (it took more than 3 hours to clean this apartment) so I'm sure it had something to do with my tiredness.

Next week I need to concentrate on eating and feeling well. It's an annoying feeling, when you stress about something (you don't know what) kind of unconsciously and your body is all stiff and you can't help it. Does it only happen to me?


At the moment I'm reading Carl Honore's book called In Praise of Slow and it sounds good so far. I'm one of those people who thinks that people should slow down a bit and just concentrate on the things they already have. Slow life is getting more and more popular, but still some people are trying to get as much as they can as fast as they can. I sometimes dream about the situation, when I could get rid of my clock and I could just live for one day without looking at a clock. Then I couldn't 1) look at my phone 2) open the television, because they have news every hour 3) walk around my apartment because there are too many clocks. So I must spend the whole day in my bed!

Now more praise and then sleep. I love winter.


2 comments:

  1. Such a pretty tree :)
    I have taken such pictures too, from cold trees look like it has been snowing whole night :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those trees are just beautiful :) But it needs to be cold enough so that the snow sticks on the trees and this winter we haven't had many days like that...Now we have, so I must take my camera with me also tonight when I go outside :)

    ReplyDelete