Sunday 29 March 2009

Ursula.


I have never been a big fan of anything. But when I got to know Ursula K. Le Guin's books, I totally fell in love with her words and worlds. Her books are more than science fiction, her ability to make stories that are so full of meaning and feelings...I'm just deeply in love.

Last year I wrote a letter to her and explained how her books mean so much to me. I just felt like I had to do it, she should know how her books are meaningful to this small person in this small country. And despite being a busy writer, she answered to me :) I understood how it feels like to be a huge fan of something, because when I received the letter, I was so moved!

I'm collecting all of her books. I've found many from the removal shelf from the library and I've ordered some from internet book store. I've read all her books there are in the library. I just feel like I can't get enough of those worlds, where planets circle around each other and beings have no gender. How imagining different worlds teach us about ourselves.

When I was a child, I dreamt about writing. If I'll ever write something in the future, Ursula has shown me the way :)

2 comments: