Monday 9 March 2009

5 km.




Today I wanted to save 3 euros and walked to the centre instead of taking a bus. Walkway goes in the middle of the forest and I took my camera with me and took a few photos. It took me 45 minutes to walk 5 kilometres.

Spring is coming, so trees don't have any snow on them anymore and it looks very grey. Also the roads are starting to be bare, but still I saw many crosscountry skiers and the tracks seemed to be in good condition :)



I signed my employment contract today, so it's officially true that I'm going to be working as a leader of the library until the end of this year. I'm most afraid of all kinds of meeting I need to participate...And writing strategies! I don't know anything about that. So I have so many things to learn this year.

Last but not the least, I finally finished my pair of socks! It took me 2 months to knit them both, but it was worth it. The colours are lovely, green and purple :)

Tomorrow I'm heading to Kuopio to watch Skijumping World Cup. I'm going to take Juha and Liang with me, so more tea ceremonies coming!

4 comments:

  1. I love long walks. Also was walking from home till the university, it was something about 5-6 km too :)

    I think the walk gonna be even more good and interesting during spring and summer :) and of course it will be a bit difficult if it is raining so wish you good weather and nice walks :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katten försvann, thanks :) I just bought a new bus card, because from tomorrow on I have to travel to another city to work, so let's see if I'm going to walk much anymore...But I guess I'll have time on weekends and then I'm going to go to the forest often!

    I also wish you good walks, if it rains you can always use rubber boots and umbrella ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. heh, rubber boots are ok, but an umbrella here- impossible. We are near the sea, so it is windy all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice socks!
    I am only a begginner...I hope to be able to knit my pair of socks before the end of this winter!!! ...mission impossible, I think!

    ReplyDelete