Tuesday 3 February 2009

Winter lights


I was feeling very tired yesterday but I decided to go for a small walk anyway. I needed a new mixer and Citymarket was the closest place to find one. Walking was so exhausting! I made it to the shopping centre anyway and came home with a new cheap mixer and a pair of discounted jeans, just 9 euros. I stopped to watch the cars driving on a motorway when I came back.

Today I've been washing laundry, cooking and knitting. I made fruity wok with all kinds of vegetables and pineapple and ate it with rice noodles. Quite tasty, although I couldn't taste much :)


It's so beautiful outside! The trees are white again, sun is so bright as well as the moon. Can you spot it in the photo above? I don't know if it was a good idea to go outside while I'm still a bit weak, but I just need to move and do something! When I was a child, I wanted to be sick, that's how I could stay at home and read books as much as I could. Too bad it doesn't feel so great anymore :D

I read the new Ecologist yesterday evening. There was one article about green clothing and besides buying organic cotton and washing laundry in 30 degrees, also swapping clothes was seen as one green way of making your wardrobe more ecologic. I'd LOVE to swap my clothes with people! So many of my friends have just amazing clothes and I wonder where they find all those beautiful garments :) There is only one problem -> I'm too small. So also my clothes are too small for most of my friends, so swapping would be more like "give me your clothes and I give you nothing" :(


Same thing with shoes, but usually it's easy to use shoes as long as they are worn out.

Time for me to drink more tea and knit, maybe I can finish my ribbed bolero today! If it doesn't fit me and looks like the previous "top" I made, I'll go crazy!!!

4 comments:

  1. Only one problem; I'm too BIG! :D

    I can swap with Nelson, but I'm not sure if I want to ;)

    But hey, the good thing is that my size is always left and on sale later ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the same, my size is often on sale too :D So we have to be happy about that! But that kind of clothing swapping circle would be still awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can not understand why it is not snowing here. I am so disappointed :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katten försvann, I know it's so annoying just to wait for snow the whole winter :( Do you have any snow there now? We have quite a lot and more is coming every day :)

    ReplyDelete