Friday 13 February 2009

Floating

It's been cloudy and gloomy outside, so I've been mostly taking photos at home. I wrote before I love to photograph shadows and lights, but now I've found a new object -> food! Apples look so good in their basket and grated swedes have just the perfect colour. I still feel uncomfortable if I have to take photos of people...I guess I need to practice tomorrow, when I'm going to a big party for exchange students (and a couple of natives!)

About music. I've always been in love with music. When I was a child, I used to made up my own songs and there are cassettes full of my singing somewhere. In elementary school my days were full of music, because I was in a music class. That meant that I played flute in 2 orchestras and of course took music lessons, too. As I got older, I gave in flute playing, because it was so boring and I didn't take it seriously enough :) I only continued it until the end of high school because our orchestra travelled abroad and I wanted to see foreign countries.

My music taste has changed radically throughout the years. In elementary and middle school I loved Roxette and Taikapeili as well as all the mainstream pop on the radio. In high school I found CMX and Kent. I still love Kent for its melancholy music and the lyrics, that got me almost perfect 97/99 points in Swedish essay on matriculation examination.

During those years my brother introduced Prodigy, Chicane and other dance music to me and I totally fell in love with Chicane's Far from the Maddening Crowds. First my brother's friend burned that cd for me and kept the original, but I liked the cd so much that I bought that original cd from him :D I'm still on that road I guess...I've been mostly listening to trance although I do have other favourites, too (Olavi Uusivirta, Ror-Shak, Sade, Rubik, Mew, Snoop Dogg, Imogen Heap, Dire Straits, Laika, Moloko to mention some).

My favourite label nowadays is Anjunabeats. You can find more information about the label from here. I came across Anjunabeats through my brother (Thank you Tommi!), who gave me the Anjunabeats Volume 2 compilation cd. I started to look around for other songs from the label and found Oceanlab's Satellite & Sky Falls Down and Smith & Pledger's Forever (A & B remix). Those are still my favourite songs, especially to sing along :D

Now I've bought all their compilation cd's and the music simply goes straight into my heart (and legs). I can't think of anything better than dark living room with this music playing loud. I remember those evenings and nights in my previous flat, when me and my flatmates used to switch off all the lights, put Anjunabeats Volume 5 on and just danced around the flat, stared out from the windows or just sat down and concentrated on the music. It's just hard to explain verbally all the emotions that arise when I listen to this music :) I even started to cry when I listened to the newest volume 6 for the first time, because it was just so extremely touching somehow!

Other favourites are for example these:
Boom Jinx feat. Thomas J Bergersen - Remember September
Paul Keeley - Paper Jet
Luminary - Amsterdam (Smith & Pledger remix)

These songs have the ability of taking me away from this moment and suddenly I feel like I can float, dance, sing, feel free :) The photo above somehow reflects that kind of feeling.

6 comments:

  1. I did not know you speak Swedish :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the very last picture from a movie "Spring, Summer, Fall Vintner .. and Spring " ?
    Have you seen it??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katten försvann, Swedish is a compulsory subject in Finnish schools, we learn it 3 years in middle school and 3 years in high school. So I know the basics of Swedish, but I've forgotten most of it :)

    And yes, I took that last photo of my framed movie poster of Kim Ki-Duk's Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter... and Spring. I've seen that movie and I really loved it! It's not so violent as the other movies of Kim Ki-Duk and it's just so beautiful. Usually it's a bit hard for me to understand Korean movies (I've seen quite many and after the movie I often think that what the hell was that movie about :D), but this movie was a big exception. Have you seen it? How about other Korean movies?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have sen this film and liked a lot. So i have written it in DVD :D

    I can not remember other Korean films (I did not even know that this film was Koren until now :P ), but in general I am watching lots of Asian films. and my favorites are Japanise horror films and Jackie Chan's old films. They are sooooo stupid and really funny :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katten försvann, Jackie Chan's old films are very funny indeed :D I've also watched some of them. But Japanese horror films...I've heard they're the scariest horror films there are! I can't watch any horror films :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Taina - good for you if you can not watch :D
    those films scare me so much, that after watching them , I can't even go to the bedroom alone :D :D

    ReplyDelete