Tuesday 7 June 2011

That time of the year

Eating a cake is always fun, especially if you have interesting company while eating! Yesterday we devoured our cake bits in a local cafe called Houkutus. At the same time we celebrated Lai's birthday, welcome to the 30s!


I decided to buy a summer card for aerobic. I don't have the money of course, but mental health = priceless. After sweating for one hour it was time to go and hug someone on the railway station...


Anxiously waiting...


Inside the train was Hyunsik, who came back after one week of travelling around in Great Britain. I forgot to take photos, because I was hugging him tightly! And of course his bike was stolen from the railway station :( But we were thinking, how lucky it was that the bike was stolen on his last evening in Joensuu and not the first!


Today it was the first time to ride a bike to the airport! They even had bike stands there, I was amazed!

Say hello to group photos ->




This is always the thing to do on your last moments together; take as many group/friend photos as possible. Because you never know if you can ever meet again. But if everything works out, next time we'll meet in Korea!

I had almost tears in my eyes when I tried to explain how Korea has a special place in my heart and how it was so special to spend time with the only Korean in Joensuu :) Maybe all these spring goodbyes during the years have affected me and I don't get so emotional anymore. But still...


This was the last and happy sight of Hyunsik when he waved at us :) 안녕히가세요 현식!


The plane was small and the sound was horrible AND it took off to the wrong direction and I failed to take other photos.


Näkemiin is Finnish and it means goodbye or farewell or see you later. I prefer the latter one :)

2 comments: