Thursday 16 June 2011

Snow, Jyväskylä and Japan

Last week was warm. Or should I say hot (+30). So I decided to play some mini golf, read a good book on the beach and then have a cider or two with my friends.

There were noisy middle aged slightly drunk people playing mini golf as well. They were funny and red. I finished 3rd, I'm just not lucky with the stick :D


This book was pure excellency. I've read other books from Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie and she's one of my favourite authors. "The thing around your neck" consisted of short stories, which are short enough for sunny summer days :)




Jokiasema was so full of people there were no seats left for us and we (me + Merja + Arash) had to sit on the pier. We were talking about all kinds of stuff (especially politics?!?) and the weather was quite hot even at 23 o'clock... But it was not too hot for some snow:


We were even throwing snowballs. And it was +23. And almost midnight.

After talking some more politics and going to sleep at 6.30, I was ready to go to Jyväskylä. Which is a dangerous place for engineers, but luckily I'm a humanist.


I have been playing quite a lot of Space Alert, our awesome board game. Juha's friends have lots of nice board games in Jyväskylä and we tried two of them, Puerto Rico (which I accidentally won by reading magazines while others were thinking for tens of minutes how they're going to play and which are the good moves...) and Betrayal at the House on the Hill.


We played this game twice and both times I played a very fast and strong girl (who was a bit stupid though), who was just using her spear/axe in a skilled way. I hate horror movies, but horror games = so nice!!


And something completely different? Juha is going to Japan in the end of July for one year! He's going to teach in a local school(s?) and visit all our Japanese and Korean friends. As I have already collected enough money for the plane ticket to Seoul, now I'm only thinking about how LONG I want to stay there :)

Let's go!

4 comments:

  1. That was a nice evening. But, oops, I didn't realize I was wearing skirt that short! :P
    Let's hope there will be more evenings like that this summer!
    See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Short skirts are a MUST ITEM for the summer ;) See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joku ihme partaveikko tuolla kuvassa.

    ReplyDelete