Tuesday 25 August 2009

Lost in the raspberry forest

I'm back and still my mind is wandering through the streets of Helsinki, Tallinn, Tampere...I should divide my photos and stories in couple of sections. In the evenings I'm too tired to write anything long and thoughtful.

My brother and his daughters visited me before my holiday. We ran in the beach before it started to rain, played some badminton and went to the forest to find blueberries and raspberries. My favourite photo is above, Moona lost in the raspberry forest.





I really like the girls and appreciate how my brother and his wife have brought them up. They're not afraid of small things, they just have the courage to do new things. That attitude is very important especially for girls in my opinion. My mother was telling a story how the girls were climbing on top of everything in a local park and how she was afraid they'd get hurt. But trying your own limits is important and just staying on the ground would be almost as fatal in the long run as well :)

In Helsinki I didn't have my feet on the ground, in fact I was levitating.

From Joensuu to Kuopio, from Kuopio to Syvänniemi, from Syvänniemi to Helsinki. In the car we played funny games with my cousin, like "try to get your initials from the licence plates of incoming cars" or "let's mention some celebrities and always use the last name's first letter to start a new first name". The only problem was that almost all the celebrities my cousin could name were skaters :D Hopefully he didn't fool us...a lot!

Part 2 later, now time for late evening knitting and recovering from the first aerobic of this season...I love difficult choreographies!

No comments:

Post a Comment