Sunday 22 November 2009

Why don't you let it happen


We HAD snow. For a winter person like me it felt so good to be surrounded by white snowdrifts and the calming atmosphere that makes you want to light candles.


Now there's rain every day, black evenings and how it all makes you tired! I've been sleeping 12 hours during the weekends and I have no power to do anything efficient/diligent/sensible.

To put some colour in my life and to get me through these black days I bought red rubber boots.

I've always had the passion for jumping in the small water puddles and now I can do it without getting my socks wet. Why people are not using rubber boots more? They're the most practical shoes in rainy times like these.

I've also knitted colourful things like scarfs and dishcloths. I have big plans about knitting a vest, but I don't have time before christmas.


And one thing that gave me energy during these weeks was school children. I was teaching library skills to 12 classes of 7th graders and most of the youngsters were awesome! I rarely feel comfortable with babies or really small children, but when they get older, they start to have their own thoughts and they start asking difficult questions. Is there a better way to challenge often so stale and stable thoughts of older people? (I also read an interesting book about parenting, Tom Hodgkinson's The Idle Parent, which was excellent! Less work, more play!)

6 weeks left of work. 54 days left in my Korea Countdown. Snow has plenty of time to fall before I leave.

3 comments:

  1. Niin kurjaa ku kaikki lumet lähti sit pois. En tykkää pimeällä lenkkeillä, mutta jos ois lunta, niin ehkä vois harkita.

    Neulominen kuuluu muuten niin tähän vuoden aikaan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noora, vesisade + pimeys joulukuussa = :( Mut onhan se jo vähän pakastunut, ehkä luntakin saadaan kohta :)

    Ootko neulonut mitä? Mulla on yksi huivi menossa, siinä kestää luultavasti ikuisuuden, kun se on pienillä puikoilla ohuesta langasta tehtävä. Saa nähdä, milloin ne joululahjat ehtii neulomaan...

    Tuula, ihan parhaat! Oon käyttänyt noita töissäkin ja luistellut vesilätäköissä :) Nähdään taas!

    ReplyDelete