Saturday 17 October 2009

Cakey

Today I was surfing around the net and looked for all kinds of cake blogs. It's so amazing what kind of cakes some people are able to do! And what kind of products there are these days for making the cakes look so beautiful; glitter spray, pasta colours to name few. Most of the time I'm trying to make all food as natural and E-free as possible, but today I decided to try something completely different. You can see the result below...

Shahram, my iranian friend turns 25 today and this cake should be his birthday cake.

I'd be very satisfied with the result IF ONLY I didn't read baking blogs and compare my "cake" with all those Hello Kitty and Halloween cakes.

What can we learn about this? NEVER COMPARE ANYTHING WITH ANYTHING or at least never compare the things you do yourself with something that's done by professionals.

Birds are eating rowan berries and flying like crazy outside. Maybe that's a wise thing to do, because it's going to be snowing later.

I'm mostly dreaming about some luxury hotel in Seoul, where I want to spend one night and see all the lights of Seoul at nighttime. So tempting! So expensive! So shallow!

Time to get going.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you very much the cake was great and wonderful.So tasty cake everybody like it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are times for being shallow as well, it's just one night, so go for it girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shahram, you're welcome! Just tell me when you want to go to eat and I'll pay :)

    Tuula, I know :D But if the price for 1 night is 200 euros, I have to consider once more ;)

    ReplyDelete