Saturday 11 April 2009

Wisely if I can't make it

There is an airport close to us and I've always been dreaming of taking a photo of landing airplane. This plane is not landing, but taking off, all the same for me = I got a nice photo! Last weekend was sunny, springy, and full of new places.






This week I've been busy again and in the evenings I don't feel like writing anything here. I get enough of computers at work! I've been mostly making work shift lists, removing some old books and on Thursday I was in the mobile library (I got corrected that library car is not a proper word for it) and somehow I really like all the school children coming there and they're all so enthusiastic about books! They read the same horse books I used to read when I was in elementary school too :D

One other thing I did in elementary school too was to read a book in sauna. Yesterday I tried that again (when you put sauna on, it's not too hot to read there and slowly the heat surrounds you!) and it was awesome! One part of my ultimate happiness must have been the book I read though (that Ursula K. Le Guin's Kahdesti haarautuva puu, which I started yesterday).

Yes, spring is taking over, although yesterday it was snowing the whole day and the ground is all white here. Next week it will be +10, I don't know how to think about it. Instead of thinking, during this Easter time I'm going to eat mämmi and chocolate eggs and knit. I already finished a few presents from waste yarns and the colours make me happy!



I just found this nice Poem machine, try it! I'd call it hilarious. This is the poem I just made:

This is how it goes

crawl inside your mind
hope for sauna to pour cloudy Morning
Birds foaming
rabbit is frozen cold

Wisely if I can't make it

somebody talkative
sunshine inside you.



2 comments:

  1. Oh, I have always wanted to know and now i can ask you :)
    What does a library do with old books? :)Or for example if there are some new editions what are u doing with old editions?

    p.s. I trued to take an airplane picture while it is landing, but could not. My camera is not so sensitive :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what many people want to know :) Old books go to storage, if they're still useful. If they're rare, then we might send them to storage library in Kuopio. Some old books that are in quite good condition we sell at the library, the price is usually between 50 sents to 1 euro. And the other books, where pages have been torn, they're dirty, or they're otherwise in bad condition, we just rip them and put the pages in paper waste. It feels sad, but someone has to do that! In most of the libraries the shelves are getting too full and it's starting to be a problem...

    I wish one day I could go near the airport and take a photo when the plane is just landing. I'm sure your camera would work in that case too :)

    ReplyDelete